Saturday, February 28, 2009

Validation

So I have always had a thing for doodling, especially when I was in school. Now when I don't have a kid in my hands at church, I doodle there too. Christian always teases me and says that I am not paying attention... I explain to him that it actually helps me concentrate and focus on the speaker... he just laughs and thinks I am crazy. Well I saw this article online today and I am SO excited for him to read it, I just thought I'd post it for everyone else to read.
By HealthDay - Fri Feb 27, 8:48 PM PST
- FRIDAY, Feb. 27 (HealthDay News) -- You might look like you're not paying attention when you doodle, but science says otherwise. Researchers in the United Kingdom found that test subjects who doodled while listening to a recorded message had a 29 percent better recall of the message's details than those who didn't doodle. The findings were published in Applied Cognitive Psychology.
"If someone is doing a boring task, like listening to a dull telephone conversation, they may start to daydream," study researcher Professor Jackie Andrade, of the School of Psychology at the University of Plymouth, said in a news release issued by the journal's publisher. "Daydreaming distracts them from the task, resulting in poorer performance. A simple task, like doodling, may be sufficient to stop daydreaming without affecting performance on the main task."
For the whole article click on the following link.
So let's all get our doodle on!

1 comment:

Becca said...

runs in the fam! my mom always takes a sketch pad to church with her :)