Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm ONE!!!

Yesterday was Julia's first birthday! I can't even believe my baby is one!! It was pretty low key, we had a party with just us and my Mom who is here visiting from Maine. I had this fabulous idea awhile ago to do a cool cake and have her eat it in my studio as part of her birthday celebration. Lucky for me, my good pal Amelia knows how to make really cool cakes! She did an AMAZING job on this cake! Thanks so much Amelia! You rock! The first thing she did is pull out the candle and chew on it a bit... Not really her idea of a tasty treat! Oops Mom, Knocked the cake off.... That's okay.... we just flipped over and popped it back on the stand.... "What is this goo anyway..... "Eliana was more than happy to help her, but Julia had had enough! Eliana was
also very gracious to help Julia open her presents!

We got her a drum and she LOVES it!!!

Overall it was a very fun evening and Julia had fun... as much as a one year old has fun on their birthday I guess! She's just so darn cute and we are so in love with our little girl! Happy Birthday Baby Jewels!

7 comments:

Becca said...

i can't believe julia is one! she is too cute. love the cake and the princess hat. tell your mom hi-hope you're all doing well!

Tierra said...

Way cute pictures. I can't believe our two little ones are already one. They are growing so fast.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! and that cake was so pretty!

Amelia Smith said...

These are so darn cute... not really the picture of me though! That drum was an awesome idea, how fun :)

Amanda said...

How cute! Happy Birthday!

Summer said...

I can not believe the "chubs" Julia has. She is such a doll! I think I made a cupcake for Naomi....uhh, I'm not quite as cool.

Brooke Colvin said...

Cute pictures Addie! It's so fun to watch them eat their first cake. That was a good idea to have her eat it on the floor. Love birthdays!