Sunday, June 22, 2008

How to Beat the Heat!

Yesterday it was 111 degrees! That is the official recorded temp here in Casa Grande from weather.com, not from my car... my car said 115!!! So what did we do? Slip-N-Slide! It was my first time ever and I think Eliana's new favorite thing! When she woke up this morning she said, let's go do the slip-n-slide before church... obviously we didn't, but I think she's going to ask everyday now! So she kinda struggled with actually sliding on her belly... the following pictures are her version of how to do it. You'd think it would hurt her knees but she just kept doing it this way despite Christian and my demonstrations.


This picture is actually after Christian helped her along by super-womaning her.

Yes, even Christian and I slipped and slid!







7 comments:

Melanie said...

It looks like ya'll had FUN! That totally brought back childhood memories of our slip and slide! Great idea!

Jenn Gissel said...

Hey, Mike always put a little dish soap on so that it was super slippery....so of course that's what we do with ours now! It is pretty fun (and they get clean!)

Tierra said...

Looks like so much fun. I bet Eliana had a BLAST. I love that you and Christian joined in on the fun.

Rebecca said...

I love water activities and family fun! Those memories are going to be priceless!

LaCee said...

I love slip & slide! I wish we had room for one. You need to get Julia in on the action!

Carson said...

Look like fun!

Country Mouse said...

Hey Addie! :) Love the pics!!! Is my Laura Jane with you yet!?!?? :) I want all kinds of pics so that I can be jealous of her time out there in 115 degree heat :) At least I don't need to worry about you and Heidi Bree kidnapping her for your state... that's tooooooo hoootttt for THESE Norther New England girls :) :) HAVE A BLAST!