Monday, May 11, 2009

On Being a Mom

Photobucket

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you moms! I have been contemplating my roles in life. There are so many wonderful things to do in this world, good things that can occupy much (or too much) of our time. I find myself wanting to do everything and be everything and then I have to remind myself that there is a time and season for everything. Right now my most important role is wife and mother. I have been so blessed with a caring, loving husband and these two amazing little girls. I am SO blessed to be their mom! I learn so much from them each day and find so much joy in being with them and seeing them laugh and learn and grow. I was gone for the day on Sat. shooting a wedding with another photographer and at the reception found myself attracted to all the little ones and missing mine. It almost surprised me, I mean really I had only been gone for a few hours. I think we as mothers do need those times away sometimes to realize how blessed we are to have and be with our children. I am so blessed to be able to be a stay-at-home mom. Life is good, even when I feel discouraged or frustrated with life's trials, life is good.

4 comments:

Amelia Smith said...

I love the BIG pictures, they are awesome! I like this shot of you with your girls, and I'm really happy you didn't make my picture huge :)

Newman Family said...

What a great picture of you and your girls. Usually you are the one behind the camera, so its great to see you in this one. I think you are an amazing mommy and a super friend!

dntbaker said...

i loved this.. my mom and i were just talking about there being a time and season for everthing and its a good reminder for me to just take things one at a time and be happy with what i have now... thanks for the insight!

Rebecca said...

Those pictures of you and the girls are so cute! I agree with you completely about being a mom. Whenever I am gone from Brielle I kind of miss her and feel like a piece of me is missing. I come back home excited to see her and she usually doesn't even notice because she is so busy doing other things. I feel truly blessed to be a mom!