Friday, July 25, 2008

Quotes by Eliana


I've been meaning to write this down for awhile so I will remember but decided I should post it on here so I will have a record of it. Eliana says cute and funny things sometimes... about a week ago as it was getting close to bedtime, Eliana said to me, "Mommy, you have a choice, do you want to color with me or do you want to play with me... that's the deal." Of course she's heard me say things like this to her plenty of times, but I thought it was pretty cute.
Then last night I asked to help me clean up the downstairs, to take her toys up to her play area before bed. She said , "Oh, yeah, Keep Arizona Clean." I said, uh yeah exactly. Then she said, "Mommy, Do Heavenly Father and Jesus live in Arizona?"
Today we went to the UPS store and Coldstone is right next door. Eliana saw Coldstone and of course wanted to stop and get some ice cream. I told her that I didn't have money for ice cream today. She talked about it some more while we were in the UPS store and when we were leaving she was again talking about wanting to go to coldstone and she said to me, "Mommy, I bet they have money in Coldstone. " I asked her if I was suppose to go in and ask for money to get ice cream and she said yes... I tried to explain that they wouldn't give us money... then she said, "Mommy I bet if you ask really nicely they will give you money." and I told her I didn't think so, then she said, "Maybe if you ask strongerestly they will give you money." She was really thinking and trying to figure out how to get some ice cream!
I guess what they say is true, Kids say the darndest things!

2 comments:

Tierra said...

How funny. She is such a cutie. It is funny the things they come up with.

Rebecca said...

The story about coldstone made me laugh. Eliana has a solution for every problem.