Friday, January 22, 2010

Do you know who this is???


Last weekend I did a wedding. I was hired by the bride's family here in Arizona. Her now husband, Dave, is from Utah so I didn't meet his parents until the wedding day. Below is a picture of the Bride and Groom with the groom's parents. We met at the temple before the wedding and I did all the portraits including some family portraits etc. I was trying to figure out why I recognized Dave's mom. I knew it was church related so I was thinking back to our ward in AF Utah or my mission in Utah. But they are from Bountiful... not near my ward or mission. I couldn't put my finger on it, until I got home...... So do you know who she is?????? I am curious to know how many people (who are members of the church and read this) will recognize and know her name before reading below..... am I the only one who wouldn't know?

casa grande arizona wedding photographer

So when I got home I picked up the Ensign to do a little reading and flipped through and saw a picture of Dave's mom. Yes, that's right , it's Sister Margaret Liffereth, the 1st counselor in the primary general presidency. I traced back through the day hoping I hadn't said anything dumb to her. I hadn't. I had been myself. I was then grateful that my actions are generally in line with my beliefs. That was a good feeling.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh that is so cool! The bride is beautiful! Love her hair color. Miss you guys hope all is well!

Newman Family said...

Wow, Addie! I'm with you, her face was definitely familiar, but I wouldn't have been able to come up with her name. Gorgeous picture! I am always amazed at how you are able to balance your photography with family life so well!

Summer said...

I wouldn't have know that (out of context and all). You have a great gift for recognizing faces.

Trisha said...

I actually recognized her name when I saw that Malorie was engaged to a Lifferth. I'm surprised that Aimee didn't tell you before you did the wedding! I love your pictures that you took of the wedding.