Saturday, July 18, 2009

Air Conditioning

There aren't any pictures for this post because I am not at home. We have been staying with our good friends the Ballards since Tuesday. Our A/C broke and they can't fix it until MONDAY! It seems so strange to me that they would have to ship common air conditioner parts in from out of state b/c they don't have them here, one of the hottest places in the US. Of course it has been about 110 everyday. We are so grateful to Tif and Charlie for being so hospitable.
Tuesday was a crazy day for us. Last Monday we found out that the bank accepted our offer to buy our house we've been living in for the last year for a smoking hot deal. We were so excited and it's been in the works since APRIL. We started the escrow process and they were doing the title work. On Tuesday the owner called and said there was a problem... that due to some failed businesses he has had some serious finacial problems (like so many others right now) and he knew there was a lien on his personal home but when they were trying to clear the title they found it has a lien on the one we have been living in (which is technically a business property for him) which won't be able to be removed. Thus, NO DEAL!!! We (especially me) where heartbroken. The house is going to be foreclosed on and there is still a chance we can get it but we will have to move out in probably 90 days and stay out until they figure it out and so now we are on the hunt for another home. Thank goodness there are lots of options right now. Maybe this is a blessing and we will find something better. So after I got off the phone with him I noticed it felt really hot in the house and and that Julia was sweating. I checked the thermometer and it was 84 in the house and it kept rising. Of course at this point I knew that the owner was foreclosing on the home and most likely couldn't fix it, which I confirmed by calling him. Yes, I did lose it momentarily. We have decided to fix it though since we won't have to pay rent for a few months and without A/C here you can't live in a house! It's about 115 upstairs in our house right now!!! It really makes me realize how stinkin' bad the economy is right now. So many good, honest, hardworking people are struggling. I feel SO SO SO incredibly blessed that Christian has such a good, stable job!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh thats depressing. we are leaving our house too. long story but you could say we got in over our heads. for the past two years we've been doing great but ever since phil's company cut out overtime- we've been struggling. we never realized we were dependent on his overtime until we didn't have it and of course it was too late. so instead of us struggling and stressing for a "dwelling" we are going to walk after numerous attempts to refinance. it's been a hard decision, this was our first home- but we finally feel good about it. it's crazy. sorry about your home, i know how much you liked it. i hope you guys end up on top!

LaCee said...

Sorry to hear about the house:( I'm sure you'll find something. There's lots of houses in Utah! (j/k) I miss you guys. Are you still going to Cali in September?

Amelia Smith said...

Oh heck Addie! I'm so sorry. I don't even know what to say... Thank goodness for the Ballards, because we sure as heck wouldn't let you live in our home... JUST KIDDING!!! :)I really hope you will be able to keep that house, I would be so sad if you moved away.

Trisha said...

Oh Addie...I wish I would have known. We were out of town all week and I would have just given you our house to stay in! I hope everything gets fixed soon. And I'll keep my eyes open for a place here in Mission Valley. We would love to have you as neighbors!

Brooke Colvin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your house Addie, and I hope the A/C gets fixed soon. What a bummer!!Sometimes it seems like everything hits you all at once. It sounds like you have a good attitude about it. Let me know if there is anything I can do.